Old 06-13-18, 07:25 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
I've been riding my '86 Classic Ironman due to the recently repaved with chip seal portion of my regular route. So on Saturday where I would Normally ride with a friend on my Carbon Ironman with road bars , I instead rode my '86 with aero bars. A couple of weeks before they repaved they made some rumble tracks, that were very visible. However not so much once it was repaved and shadowy. We were hammering as usual (not my idea btw) when I rode on them, jeez loweez I thought I broke my frame and chipped my teeth. They look like tractor tracks and Hurt!
Anyways finally back to riding my '89 "summertime blues" which I'll be racing this triathlon season. So although my '86 and '89 are set up pretty much the same the '89 is without question quicker handling, so it took a ride to get used to it again.
I'm 4 weeks away from my first Tri for this year of a scheduled three, I think...
Can't wait to put my race wheels on.
Keep the rubber side down Irongents.
By the way, I have come across a DT shifter mount for those antique tribars. Mounts at the apex of the bar and the shifters are just inside the bar. Interested?