Old 06-14-18, 04:13 AM
Bonzo Banana

Bikes: Muddyfox Evolve 200, Bicycles4u Paris Explorer, Raleigh Twenty Stowaway, Bickerton California, Saracen Xile, Kona Hoss Deluxe, Vertigo Carnaby, Exodus Havoc, Kona Lanai, Revolution Cuillin Sport, Dawes Kingpin, Bickerton, NSU & Elswick Cosmopolitan

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 297 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Graculus
Ah, I didn't see that one in my local Go Outdoors the other day. I prefer the Carrera Intercity, not least because it already has mudguards and rack.
It's difficult to beat the Carrera Intercity I think at the moment. Very solid bike with decent components. Sometime ago I was in Halfords comparing the Intercity with a Dahon bike next to it. I think the Dahon was £400 and the Intercity was maybe £320 at the time and the Dahon looked like pure junk compared to it. The Dahon had a low end freewheel, tourney derailleur, lower end heavier parts and even the welds looked worse on the frame. The one thing I remember not liking about the Intercity was the revo shifter I much prefer trigger shifters. Also in comparison with the Dahon the paintwork was bland and unappealing I thought. Some of the Carrera bike frame artwork is good like the Carrera Crosscity but the Intercity looks dull.

Also Halfords do a 30 minute trial on e-bikes and you can even book a 48hr trail on a e-bike for free if you fancy it. If you are going to be buying one of their normal folding bikes anyway I'd see it as a fringe benefit to try out one of their e-bikes. The Crosscity is one of the best e-bikes going at reasonable money. Very decent bike so worth a go for free if you fancy it.