Old 06-16-18, 06:45 PM
So Square

Bikes: Lynskey Cooper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Anchorage is a good place to be a cyclist. Plenty of good places to ride in town and plenty more around the rest of AK. I moved here 2.5 years ago from Seattle and have been satisfied with the options. For road riding there are paved multi-use trails all around the city if you're into riding them. There's plenty of safe rides on the road as well and a few cycling groups you can get involved in. From randonneuring to cross, road racing, and mountain. There's some gravel road options as well. It always good to get out of Anchorage and explore other parts of AK too.

For mountain biking the trails are usually dry and ready to ride from the middle or end of May and there's a ton of beautiful scenic trails. There's no shortage of scenery in Alaska.

I was a fat bike skeptic myself. Never even considered getting one, until I tried one. Then went and bought one immediately. It's a blast. it's not slow, and some of the best riding in Alaska is in the winter There's fast trails, there are glaciers, there is the mudflats. If I was forced to own only one bike in AK, it would be a fattie. They are super versatile.

Last edited by So Square; 06-16-18 at 06:56 PM.