Old 06-20-18, 11:46 AM
taz777

Bikes: 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
A quick update on my brake issues which I mentioned earlier in this thread. The shop wanted to look at the bike and keep it until they could figure out the problem. And that could have taken up to two weeks!

Instead, I used uberbikecomponents.com who I have used for brake pads for my other bikes over the years and purchased a pair of their Race Matrix pads.

As a data point, I had to do a fair amount of digging to find out which replacement pads would be the correct ones for me. On a 2018 CrossTrail Expert Carbon (and possibly others in the range for season 2018), it's these TRP replacements that work. In fact, the shape type is the same as Shimano M515 (and many others as it seems to be a very common fitment type):

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/v...isc-Brake-Pads

I re-torqued the disc rotor, cleaned the rotor, reset the pistons and then fitted the new pads and centred the pads. Wow! What a difference. Instant grip, even before they've been conditioned.

I inspected the pads that I'd taken off and the surfaces were like glass - very, very smooth. Obviously glazed.

So I'll be ordering a second pair for the rear caliper as I forgot to do so, not thinking that I'd need two pairs of brake pads.