Old 06-22-18, 06:04 PM
TCR Rider

Bikes: Pinarello Dogma F8 Giant TCR Advanced 2 Jamis Coda

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by RonH
I have lumbar spinal stenosis and riding my road bikes (leaning over the bars) is what my spine doc recommended. I don't have problems with walking or serious back pain except when its time for my next pain injection. I usually go about 5-6 months between injections.
I've had two epidural injections and two facet joint injections with the second facet joint injection yesterday. This is the first injection that gave me any relief so far but I'm still having pain when weight bearing. Still riding the bike on the trainer and doing stretching and strengthening exercises at home. I stopped going to PT because I wasn't getting any better and the therapist didn't seem to have anything else to offer.
As I said in my OP I have stenosis and arthritis in the lower back. and I'm doing everything in my power to avoid fusion surgery. I have a Radio Frequency Nerve Denervation scheduled in two weeks and if that bears no fruit I'm sorry to say I'm s.o.l and will most likely go under the knife. As someone pointed out earlier living in constant pain really does wear you down.That being said I'm not giving up yet...no way.