Old 06-23-18, 02:00 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2391 Post(s)
Liked 1,614 Times in 1,084 Posts
Originally Posted by cmsanfor View Post
I think my sanity dissolved past questioning long ago, so let's put that to rest. I honestly don't know who did the repaint on the frame. I bought it off Craigslist in Orange County and the seller suggested that Brian Baylis had done it, but I'm understandably incredulous. Either way it's a lovely paint job, but one that had enough quirks that I've never worried about treating the bike as a rider.

Here are some pics of the frame I built. It's a 650b rando bike that's roughly the same geo as the masi, has a little bit shorter top tube and a little bit longer rake. Like it a lot so far!

Well I'm just going to come right out and say that you've done a great job on the new frame and with the canti/rando/vibe thing going on it is screaming at me for the vintage Stronlight/Huret/ etc. program in bare metal.