Old 06-26-18, 07:31 AM
MDcatV

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flatballer
I feel like the offense is worse, but the defending is more worse, which makes things more interesting.

The national teams can't keep a backline together to save their lives, someone is always 10 yards farther back. I feel like the top euro teams are always stepping up as a unit to draw an offside instead of getting beat by a pass.
so true i think that's why italian football, despite not having a legit goal scorer since I dont even know when remained successful until this go round. The national team's back line has been the Juve backline for a long time, is familiar with one another and well drilled. they just got old and could no longer keep up the physicality needed to win 1 nil over and over again.

that absence of continuity is super obvious on both sides of the midfield. in some cases it's painful, like with ARG and Messi, where no one knows how to play with him so they all stand around and watch him. if someone just watched this tourney, they'd wonder what all the fuss over Messi was, which is a shame, because he's a gift, but ARG has been unwatchably bad.

#bffootballtakover