Old 06-26-18, 04:36 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by cyccommute
I don't see why they shouldn't. The panniers should mount on the rack fine. The bag slides into a channel which shouldn't even be close to the mountain hardware for the bag. It would be best to actually test it before you buy but it should work.

While the Tubus rack is a much better rack than the Topeak, I really wish that there was a way to put the Topeak mount on a Tubus rack. I wish that Topeak even sold their mount separately so that I could adapt it to a Tubus rack.

On the other hand, Ortlieb sells a very clever trunk bag with mount system that should work quite well with panniers. Yea,it's expensive but it will probably last decades. I use the Ortlieb adapter system and a Rack Time Trunk-it which is similar to the Odin. I ditched the Racktime mount and used an Ortlieb basket mount to cobble together a quick mount rear rack bag. I've been using it for about 15 years without any issue. Even on off-road bike packing trips, the bag has never come off nor loose.

If I had to do it now, I'd probably go with the newer mounting system, however.
Used their new trunk and handlebar bag last week on tour....new mounting system is the bees knees.