Old 06-30-18, 03:21 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 25 Posts
Don't leave your panel lying around unattended anywhere near any of the towns on the pacific coast. I was at the hiker biker at Harris Beach when some homeless dude took off with a solar set up. The dudes had set it up in the only patch of sun nearby and were sitting at a picnic table nearby, by the time they got up the guy had bolted with their panel. Oersonally I wouldn't use solar on the Pacific Coast in the summer, too damn foggy a lot of the time....
If you are going to get a battery, get one with a USB-C high capacity input and get a USB C charger, it'll charge up quicker than a normal USB. Failing that, get a high output USB charger and 2.4A USB leads. You can get cheap 6A chargers off Amazon. That way you spend less time charging.
I use a dynamo hub and a forumslader, good gear, but the Forumslader isn't cheap.