Old 06-30-18, 08:36 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut, Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo (trainer bike), Cannondale, 84 Stumpjumper, 2 Waterfords, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, looking for a Ti frame and Brompton M6R

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by StephenH View Post
I'm assuming the "Electra" bike, is not an "Electric" bike, which is throwing some confusion in those posts above.

A bicycle is an efficiency-improving machine. If you care to, you can pedal slowly around on level ground and probably get less exercise than if you were walking. That's not a bicycle problem, that's a riding-style problem. So ride however far and fast you need to get a good workout, get your heart rate up, etc. I think sometimes people have the idea that cycling is "easy exercise", but if you make it easy, you also don't get the benefit, either.

I rode my Worksman cruiser for a couple of years. It was a good reliable bike. I started riding about 10 miles a day on it, and gradually increased that. Longest ride I did was 131 miles. If you do a lot of riding, you'll want to upgrade to something else at some point, but a bike of that style won't keep you from riding far. For longer rides, comfort becomes more critical, and you may find issues with saddle comfort or hand numbness or something like that, that doesn't happen at 10 miles.
Electra makes both regular and e-bikes, I think that the OP is talking about a non-electric bike. The Cruiser 7D is a non-electric bike.

This bike should work fine for you. Enjoy the new ride.