Old 07-04-18, 09:33 AM
Amitoj

Bikes: Bianchi Campione, Specialized Diverge Comp E5

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
I am constantly looking at new bikes and always decide to just keep the one I have because at the end of the day, the bike doesn't really make that much difference as long as it's reasonably comfortable and the gears are low enough.
That's the kind of bike I am looking for as well. The hills always become mountains in the last quarter of a ride

I'll make a note to check how easy is it to adjust handlebar height so that I can raise it a few cms for longer rides.

Originally Posted by Spoonrobot
All that said, I think the best bike of your list is the Specialized. I'm not impressed with steel bikes designed by mass market companies to take disc brakes and fat road tires. Without exception they are built very stiff and stout and do not ride very well. I know for a fact the Masi is like this and I suspect after looking at the frame detail the Breezer is the same way. The carbon of alu/carbon bikes are much better and although stiffer than a rim brake model it's much less so, IMO.
This is valuable input since you have had experience with the Masi. The Diverge does have enough gears for climbing, has provisions for fenders, has eyelets on the fork that I can use to mount a light. Only unknowns are how much will a handlebar bag impact its handling and will it be feasible for me to put 650B wheels with a generator hub on the bike a couple of years down the line?