View Single Post
Old 07-06-18, 01:28 PM
steppinthrax

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crankycrank View Post
Looks like another buyer from "mr_ride" reported in the product ratings that the shifters looked "bootleg". Maybe contact the seller and let them know of the issue. Possibly they're not aware or if they are report them to Ebay and Shimano. It may sound extreme to report them but plenty of counterfeiters out there ripping off consumers and mfrs. and as you have found it's no bargain. Check out the bike frames for sale. You can easily end up with a fake Colnago, Pinarello, etc.
I never even considered someone would "bootleg" shimano shifters. They are not expensive retail, not like 800 or something like that, where it would be worth to counterfeit. I guess I know now. I had already contacted the seller indicating they were fake, but he hasn't responded back yet. I did report him to ebay, yeah I considered he might not know, but he's been selling them for a while to not know. Also if you google that model and say fake, they are selling them on alibaba and another website reports having them with a fake rating of A