jj1091
Mike J

Bikes: 1975 Peugeot PX-50L, 1971 Peugeot PX-10, 1974 Peugeot PX-8

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by randyjawa
Firstly, glad I started this thread. The bikes, so far, are awesome and I do not mean that in today's slang like sense. I peruse the pictures in this thread, sometimes unaware that my mouth is open. Anyway...

Right now I am in "choose a color mode". A couple of weeks ago, black was high on my choice list and, for what it is worth, I think the present paint is original. And, of course, black against chrome is stunning almost every time (my opinion). However, two weeks ago, I bought a gorgeous black Cyclops, filling my need for a black bike. That said, I have been thinking antique white with a powder blue head tube (although that blue and red Rotex is pretty darn nice - hum?). But for now and the last test ride, perhaps later today, black is the new black...
If it's original paint, I'd keep it, looks like a good touchup and polish job to me. I think the black is stunning with the chrome lugs and legs. Are the chrome panels on the ST and TT original, and are they the chromed frame or decals? And, looking at your other post on this bike, I'd stay with the cottered Stronglight, just looks right for it.