Old 07-08-18, 12:55 PM
tungsten

Bikes: 1962 Cinelli Mod. "B" / 1988 Bailey 531c /2 - '92 Rocky Vertexs' / Obed Baseline / Transition Scout/ Raleigh Willard

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 41 Posts
I drive 60' transit buses in that same city and I can tell you the general public, whether pedestrian, cyclist or motorist have no idea what offtrack on a large vehicle is.

I also got 9 flashing lights indicating my intentions but noooooooooo, people just walk off the curb or dive right in from clear astern.

I have a visibility advantage over that tanker though as my bus only swivels in the middle allowing me a clear view of my rear axle at all times, while the double tanker rig swivels in two places creating a huge blind spot for the driver. Lousey vid resolution, can anyone tell if there's a convex lense on bottom of his right side mirror?

Lousey turn set up too. Could have easily made that turn w/o dragging rear wheels over curb.

One route (I will no longer drive) has the bus crossing and recrossing a painted-on-the-road bike lane to access curbside bus stops 12 times in 8 blocks.

And no they don't ride single file it's a swarming free-for-all especially when the light turns green. I just wait and let 'em go. Too dangerous.
Example........
One fine spring day I had just started to roll and heard thumping on side of bus looked down to see some dude wearing an overcoat, toque, scarf and dark glasses wobbling along, riding one handed bouncing against the bus while trying to text with his "free" hand. Jesus!

Last edited by tungsten; 07-08-18 at 06:42 PM.