Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 933 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TimothyH View Post
A fogger will spray you and everyone around you. The atomized mist will blow in the wind and contaminate your bike, clothing and anything else it touches including any rider behind you. Foggers are not appropriate for a bike. Go ahead and try it if you don't believe me.
Did I used to ride with you on club nights?

Seriously....some years back we had a dog issue on a part of our ride. One of the guys thought it would be a good idea to bring pepper spray (or similar product made for dogs). I can only assume gel didn't exist then (I just learned about it in this thread), or the guy didn't think/care enough about the possibilities. The group was cruising along at a good clip and here comes dog, out come spray blinding the rider directly behind, causing a wreck that broke one fellows collar bone and another of the riders still has a droopy ear from broken cartilage.

In respect to the issue. I hate little dogs, and packs of dogs worse. The little dog in the neighborhood is right there under my wheels yapping away. Get out in the country a few places 'roun here and there are packs that will come out. That is darned scary.
For the most part I generally try to stop if it's single dog, firm no/go home. I have been lucky enough not to be on the wrong side of serious from a four legged animal anyway.

Worse than dog on your bike? Dog while on your trike.....face level teeth, no fun.