Old 07-10-18, 06:13 PM
Abe_Froman

Bikes: Marin Four Corners, 1960's Schwinn Racer in middle of restoration, mid 70s Motobecane Grand Touring, various other heaps.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8724 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by RJM View Post
So, I've been checking out the differences lately and think you have pretty much hit the nail on the head with your description. Although, with Kona who changed their cross lineup to be slacker, longer, lower this past year the lines are truly blurring. My own Kona Jake the Snake which is only a few years old but still not the newer geometry gets a little squirrelly when getting fast on steep descents. It's hella fun on a cross course though.

I kinda like how a cross bike can be a blast to ride in a grassy city park set up to be a race course and on some single track mtb trails where the quick handling really comes into its own...and no pedal strikes.
I've sort of decided I just don't want to think about geometry anymore lol. I've been looking at every cross bike under the sun for the last couple weeks, and can't decide what I want, or even really like in a bike. Decided I'm just going to sit down with a pro fitter that runs a bike shop and custom orders/builds bikes. Full fitting included with any bike purchase.

Have an appointment for a fitting/consultation on next Tuesday. Going to make this guy make the decision for me lol.