Old 07-10-18, 06:38 PM
Abe_Froman

Bikes: Marin Four Corners, 1960's Schwinn Racer in middle of restoration, mid 70s Motobecane Grand Touring, various other heaps.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8733 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcus_Ti View Post
General bit of advise....If you're going to do custom, know what you want. Not knowing what you want, and don't, will frustrate both parties. Many bespoke companies have their bespoke-order-forms online, which will give you an idea how to fine tune what you want. I had to fill in this doc when I did my Seven back a decade ago:

http://sevencycles.com/order/Seven-C...tic-2018.4.pdf

Note all the blanks for fit and features and characteristics.
No no, I'm not going for a custom frame or anything like that. It's a fitting, and the guy also helps choose the right bike based on body type/limitations. He also places custom frame orders, but I'm not going that route. And I've got a fairly good idea of what I want the bike to do...but I'm just not well versed enough in bike geometry to know if I'm choosing right. And it's not like I can't figure it out....but the bikes I've been looking at don't seem to really have any deals going. So I get his advice for free, plus a free serious fitting, which at my age is something I've been thinking about paying for anyway.