Thread: Best Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 07-11-18, 02:53 PM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Crossthreaded88 View Post
"Best Cruiser" is a little hard to pin down. What's the best club in a golf bag or the best fruit in a bowl? It's all subject to individual tastes. I'm not saying you are a snob but since you pose the question.... I have a Trek Calipso 7 speed aluminum frame, fenders, plush seat, nice grips and bars it fits me well and I enjoy riding it. It hits most of the marks you seem to be interested in. It's a Trek so they usually go with higher quality components but you can always upgrade to XT or better if you like.I also have a Electra Lux 7 (pre Trek buy out) which is the same only different from the Trek. Internal geared bikes are the coolest thing ever with straight chain line and no clicky derailleur to mess with. Pricey but worth it, best bet is to have custom wheels made just the way you want them. You don't have to spend $1000 but maybe close depending how nice the nice you're looking for. I envy you on the trip ahead for you choosing the base frame and all the components to bolt on. Just remember you'll have to protect your investment with a heavy duty lock to thwart bike thieves. Rusty ramshackle is intentional to keep it safe.
The best fruit in the bowl is probably a pear. The best club is the one that survives being flung and bashed on the ground when you screw up a swing.