Old 07-12-18, 11:37 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel, Centurion Ironman Expert

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2617 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 26 Posts
I'm sorry I missed that one. I'd heard it was canceled so I snoozed. Woke up late, took an 18 mile ride west toward the Walsh Ranch development. Only my second outdoor ride on the road bike since the May injury. Felt good to get outside despite the muggy weather and aching shoulder and neck.

Originally Posted by Doohickie View Post
Yes!

While the Tour de France plays out, we do the Tour de Fort Worth here in Texas. It's not competitive, just a series of rides in different parts of the city almost every day while the TdF is taking place. Last night our bicycle club led the ride. It was weird because the ride was officially canceled by the city due to weather, but the rain cleared out before ride time so we rode anyway, with a smallish group of 20-30 riders. I rode my fixed gear bike and ended up with 30 miles (including to and from the start point from my house).

I rode again tonight; this time the crowd was much bigger, more like 200-300 riders, including Ft Worth Mayor Betsy Price. Here's a pic of me and Betsy.

Tonight's distance, also fixed gear, was similar- I ended up with 29 miles. There was some big local sponsorship tonight, so after the ride there were free beers, free tacos, and free desserts.