dollar-store reject

Bikes: Talus29, two Ravens, three Super V's and an F2000

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Doohickie View Post
Yes!

While the Tour de France plays out, we do the Tour de Fort Worth here in Texas. It's not competitive, just a series of rides in different parts of the city almost every day while the TdF is taking place. Last night our bicycle club led the ride. It was weird because the ride was officially canceled by the city due to weather, but the rain cleared out before ride time so we rode anyway, with a smallish group of 20-30 riders. I rode my fixed gear bike and ended up with 30 miles (including to and from the start point from my house).

I rode again tonight; this time the crowd was much bigger, more like 200-300 riders, including Ft Worth Mayor Betsy Price. Here's a pic of me and Betsy.

Tonight's distance, also fixed gear, was similar- I ended up with 29 miles. There was some big local sponsorship tonight, so after the ride there were free beers, free tacos, and free desserts.
Ft. Worth has much more of a "cool factor" than Dallas does. Better people, better food, better entertainment, better atmosphere.
I spend time there every couple of years.