Brocephus
Professional amateur

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by HerrKaLeun
no shipping confirmation i would understand in case an item was on backorder (though, that also should get you a notification).

Most if not all online places i use send me an automated order summary immediately after placing the order on their site. That gives me an order number etc. That is before a human being went over the order. Did you not get something like that? Most places then send the merchandise out within 1-2 business days unless there is a delay. And once they send it, it should generate a shipping email to you (possibly with tracking information).

So you say you hit the "place order" button and didn't get anything, not even the automated email with an order number?
Nope, i got nuthin' from them. I got the normal automated e-mail from Paypal, that itemizes everything, has Merlin's info, etc. and my Paypal account shows the completed charge. But zero communication or acknowledgement from Merlin Cycles. When i messaged them after a few days, I copied and pasted all the info from the Paypal e-mail, so whoever got that message from me, should easily be able to look up the order, and tell me something. I've even checked that e-mail in my 'sent' box, and everything looks like it went through accurately and legibly, so I'm baffled.
It's not a big order, just several over-sized Continental tubes that i need for these cross-sized tired I'm wanting to run on this new-to-me road bike I recently picked up.
And i'm not worried that it's taking a week or so to get them, i'm concerned there's been a glitch, and there's nothing being shipped to me, and they're not responding.
Anyway, thanks again for the responses.....