Old 07-16-18, 03:47 PM
rachel120

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 622 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yesterday no bus service. I psyched myself up, took the bike out, tried the shiny new bike path, and I think I arrived 5 minutes faster than my previous best time.

I love commuting by bike!

Today I skipped the bus, I'm going to ride in. It's afternoon rush hour and I found the signal button for the shiny new pedestrian crosswalk leading to the shiny new bike path doesn't stop traffic. It doesn't do a thing. I had to navigate through a four way stop. I'd be better off riding, but riding on the road through the stop and making the hard twist to get on the crosswalk as I leave the intersection looks difficult and unsafe. Then along the way the clouds got dark and the wind hit and the humidity felt worse. It's already 85, heat index 95, not like I needed additional weather challenges. At the end of the bike path I have to basically make a left turn out of a parking lot across the four lane divided road, no traffic light. In rush hour. Couldn't do it, had to take the long way. And fighting weather, I'm exhausted and drenched in sweat.

I hate commuting by bike.