canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 157 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2774 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder View Post
Strava uses the time stamps within the GPS point itself, and ignores the Wahoo app's time calculations.
Thanks, that explains the differences. I ran Strava and Wahoo Fitness yesterday (Android phone). Both recorded similar distance, off by only 1/10 mile. But Strava guesstimated my average speed at 14.7 mph, which seemed about right for my leisurely pace in hot weather -- and my cheap bike computer agreed.

But Wahoo Fitness said 11.6 mph -- and also continued recording my movement in my apartment before I remembered to finish and close the ride log. So Wahoo Fitness' auto pause/resume has a much lower threshold than Strava.

When I used Cyclemeter last year it tended to overestimate my average speed, possibly because the threshold for auto pause/resume was set fairly high, probably above 5 mph. So when my cycling speed dropped below my usual 7-8 mph pace on a steep climb, Cyclemeter regarded me as stopped until my speed picked up again. But as you've described, when Cyclemeter logs were uploaded to Strava the numbers were nearly identical to whatever I recorded directly to Strava.