View Single Post
Old 07-19-18, 09:00 AM
linberl

Bikes: Trident Spike 2 recumbent trike w/ e-assist

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1321 Post(s)
Liked 374 Times in 288 Posts
I'm fortunate that there are plenty of great stores near me, and also lots of delivery services. I only use one delivery service - Imperfect PRoduce. They sell and deliver stuff that is either surplus or not-so-pretty that would go to waste, but is perfectly fine to eat. In fact, I'd say 80% of the stuff is as good looking and tasty as anything you'd find
in a nice market. It's just veggies and fruit, choose between organic or commercial. It's got me eating more veggies (which is good) and it's good for the earth. Living in a major urban area, I don't worry about what to do if I can't get to the store - not only do nearly all the chain markets deliver, but there are also independent shopping services that will go to the independent market of your choice. I enjoy biking to the 3 or 4 markets I frequent every week, and I've got my Burley Travoy to haul home the groceries, so I would only use those services if I couldn't ride or walk due to injury. But I'm retired and can go in the middle of the day when it's not busy. I do see lots of working folks using delivery services, and I get it - if you work 60 hours a week you don't want to speed time doing a task you can skip.

Last edited by linberl; 07-19-18 at 09:04 AM.