View Single Post
Old 07-20-18, 10:46 AM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 72-76 Peugeot, 89 Klein Quantum Road Bike, 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1420 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 24 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider View Post
With Citi Bike, they know who undocked a bike, so you have good reason to dock it quickly. If you don't return it, they charge you $1,200.

I don't know why that doesn't work with dockless bikes, honestly. Don't the credit card users leave a trace of their identities? In other words, I don't know why people are dumping dockless bikes.
from what I have read the problem is if you can drop the bike off anywhere that is just what people do. Once they drop it off and engage any lock telling the system you are finished the bike is no longer the customerís problem. If someone parks it by a liquor store late in the evening and no one wants to rent it the bike might sit there all night, Same thing at a city basketball court or if someone rode it home to an apartment complex after a night drinking with friends.

If the company doesnít have people driving around to get the bikes from out of the way places they are easy targets for anyone not looking to ride one . Who could the company charge if the bike turned up missing?