Old 07-21-18, 06:36 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Music City, USA
Posts: 2,717

Bikes: Felt AR

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1580 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Flatballer View Post
Is this so that you can do your classroom training while still in school? It seems like that should be something your university would cover. I can sort of understand the school system wanting you to have liability insurance since you aren't their employee (although it still seems very strange), I can't really understand your university not covering it under their blanket policy.
No. I'm already a teacher. This is just an additional degree and certification. I've been teaching for four years without it. It's not a requirement to teach in my district, but I know people who have used it for defense lawyers against absurd attempts at lawsuits or litigation.

But it's a requirement of the university for some reason, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be for my benefit or theirs. Another fellow teacher is in a similar boat with having to get the insurance to get his administrator's license.
rubiksoval is offline