Austin, TX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by [165]
jackpot.
these are road cranks, guaranteed.
*note* the back side of the cranks are not shown. True track cranks will not have a lip set on the back side of the spider - that is for a second, inner road ring mounting. I bet if the seller shows a picture of the backside if the spider, there will be a lip for an inner ring. Additionally, the backside of the arm is where the NJS stamp is on Suntour Superbe Pro track cranks (as well as most other NJS crank models).

Unless this is some freakish anomoly that missed the NJS stamping machine...or something like that. Dubious and suspect to me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a lip, but he posted a shot of the backside so... what do you think?

I can't find much information/images of these cranksets online so, I still can't tell but if I spend 100+ on a decent crankset, I'd rather not have to deal with chain line issues like bolting the chainring on the back, or whatever else. I'd just ask the seller, but... with all this 'pre-NJS' so it couldn't be certified stuff I can't really say I'd trust his info.