I-Like-To-Bike
Been Around Awhile

Bikes: Vaterland and Ragazzi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by vja4Him View Post
Excellent question I have been using the massive and heavy New York Kryptonite Chain Lock, weight around 9+ pounds. I also have two heavy-duty cables with big padlocks. Also, my panniers are locked with cables and more padlocks. My handlebar bag also locked to the frame. My front and rear racks also locked to the frame. Seat also locked. Everything locked.
[SKIP]
At church, another problem .. So, I will have to sit in the lobby usually (they have big screens to watch and listen to the service, and I can also watch the full service on my phone).

I'm really concerned about bicycle camping/touring . because I would really like to do some hiking, but I'm too paranoid to hike very far, so probably will not do much hiking. I will most likely pack everything up when I leave the campsite to go exploring, even if I'm coming back to the same campsite that day, just to be safe. There are serious problems with homeless all over the California campsites, which has caused some campsites to actually close down.
Sounds like you are an additional ball and chain for securing your bicycle when you go to church, and will also be chained to your bike on your planned bicycle camping/touring hiking trips.