Old 07-26-18, 07:44 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 200 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13764 Post(s)
Liked 6,715 Times in 3,383 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclist2000 View Post
I rode single days a many years ago, I don't like the lines for food and toilets when on the road. It's just too big for me.
That's one reason I would never do it. That size crowd is not my cup of tea. I have done four Cycle Oregons. When it sells out (which is did 3 out of the 4 times I did it), there are about 2,200 riders. Even that size crowd posed problems for me, even with more "structure" than RAGBRAI. (I.e., Meals are prepared for you, included in the price and served at set times. Shower trucks are provided.)

Another reason is that I toured through IA in late July as part of a cross country tour. No way would I intentionally subject myself to a week long event in a part of the country where crazy heat and humidity is possible. (Spent a night in Dyersville. With a high of around 100 and high humidity, no one in our group of 13 wanted to ride out of town to see the field of dreams.) I live in the NE. We get enough of that already. Same reason I will likely never do Bike Virginia, which everyone raves about.

But I can see how the event appeals to many.