View Single Post
Old 08-09-18, 05:46 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1128 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
All of your ideas revolve around the notion that you can accelerate and travel at the same speed as cars which, except in congested traffic, you can't do. All the lining up behind the right wheel to avoid left turns etc... falls apart at that point.

So a car passes me more than once. There's no rule that states you only have to pass one person one time. But, because I don't create an obstruction by taking the lane and accelerating and traveling through the intersections slowly it's not really a big deal. I don't get upset when I pass the same car more than once in stop and go traffic. Who cares? The motorist may see me moving up the line at an intersection but they also see me clear it quickly and merge right to let them continue on unobstructed. It's a win win most times. Way better than to sit in a lane pretending to be a car that tops out at 20km/h and making them wait behind me.

Your reference to the cluttered gutter suggests you subscribe to the VC philosophy which, as you can tell, I am diametrically opposed to. Every video I've ever seen advocating it shows cyclists being obstructive on principle.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 08-09-18 at 05:51 PM.