motosman1

Bikes: GT Rebound

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Fuji

Originally Posted by Hudson308
Fuji S12-S is usually a decent mid-range road bike from the late 70's-early 80's. Seamed chrome-moly tubing and Suntour mechanicals. Great price on that one.
Trek 620 is a higher-mid range bike from the 80's, made in Wisconsin. Reynolds 531 tubing. They're a quality machine that typically hold their value well.

Are they both your size?
Just conversed with the seller. My size, all there! Price is right and provides opportunity for me to get my hands dirty. Going this afternoon for look see! I will have cash in-hand, just in case! Luckily for me, my boss is out of town and I have been able to spend a couple hours, this morning, doing research of FUJI's, Special thanks to T-Mar for the Fuji serial number thread which led to this site;

Fuji Bicycle Serial Number Formats - 1971 through 1991

Seller provided S/N and verified it had aluminum rims and bars. S/N shows frame to be built in November for 1980 model year. Catalog says "straight gauge, chrome molybdenum tubing" and 12 speeds. However, the color matches the 1981 catalog which states 18 speeds. Without a pic of the drive side it will have to wait until I get there to determine.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/bi...643298873.html

I think I'm starting to get excited...wish me luck...