Old 08-10-18, 10:16 PM
DeadGrandpa

Bikes: Too many, yet not enough.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked 307 Times in 198 Posts
Originally Posted by McMitchell
We bought a house just North of Ellijay, “The Mountain Bike Capital of Georgia”, in Cherry Log, GA. There is a network of paved/gravel roads in the community we live in. There are steep hills, with steep drop offs at the edge of the road. There are many biking trails in the neighboring mountains, state and federal parks. I hope to be active in the biking community there.

I have a full suspension Rocky Mountain Sherpa MTB (27.5 plus tires) and a Focus Mares CX, cyclocross bike (700-40c) and 28 road tires.. I am in the process of converting both bikes to 1X SRAM drivetrains. I will turn 69 next month so I am more interested in getting exercise ridding the hills on our gravel covered roads than racing or technical trail ridding.
Welcome from a soon to be 66 year old just over the Carolina border. I'm into the gravel fitness climbing and bikepacking thing, also. Give me a shout if you want a companion to ride the TNGA or something like it. (The TNGA is part 3 of the Southern Highlands Traverse.)

Introducing The Southern Highlands Traverse - BIKEPACKING.com
http://www.bikepacking.com/plog/southern-highlands-traverse/