View Single Post
Old 08-11-18, 12:50 AM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Originally Posted by OBoile View Post
Who said anything about taking the lane? Wait in line, then stay to the right once traffic starts moving so cars can pass.
Uhh... Exactly what I said. I move to the front, cross the intersection and stay to the right once traffic starts moving so cars can pass. Works very well!

Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
I think what's needed in these discussions and sorely lacking is any discussion of the fact that 99%+ of the time, interactions between motorists and bicyclists are either non-eventful or actually pleasant...
Absolutely. This talk of being a jerk or obnoxious because of filter up just doesn't jibe with my real life experience wherein the vast majority of drivers don't seem to care what I'm doing or even may appreciate that I am actually working hard to pedal a bike. Way to go old man! I ride assertively but courteously and not aggressively. I mostly get friendly honks and thumbs up and it's very rare to have a negative response from that. I also think motorists appreciate someone who is predictable and telegraphs their intentions well and I think that is projected in confident take control riding habits. Drivers are more apt to give cyclists lee way when they see cyclists also giving leeway - which I do when ever possible.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 08-11-18 at 01:00 AM.