Old 08-13-18, 12:21 PM
nbhphoto

Bikes: 1987 Bianchi Brava, 1989 Bianchi Campione, 1997(?) Bianchi Veloce, 2005 Bianchi Ti, 1960's Cinelli Mod B

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Milwaukee Wheelmen/Badger Wheelmen Historical Info?

Hello!
I am living in Michigan but I grew up in Milwaukee, WI with memories of Wares Cycles on 76th and Center and stories of the Brown Deer Park Track and the Kenosha/Washington Park Velodrome. My Grandpa would always point out Don Wares, and also his own image, on the trophy/picture wall there. He was partial to Cinelli's and I can recall at least three different models hanging in his garage.

My Grandfather, Art Harrmann, passed away about three years ago and had long ago passed on his passion for bicycles, and bicycle racing, to me. I now have in my possession clippings, trophies, shoes (late 60's?) memorabilia from the 40's and 50's, and a Cinelli Mod B with Altenbürger derailleur. (1960's?) A lot of it deals with the Milwaukee Wheelmen (patches, newspaper clippings, etc). One trophy is from the Elgin to Chicago Road Race, where he placed First in the 5 minute handicap start and Seventh overall (I think mid to late 1940's - when I confirm the year I will post an update here).

Is there anyone who can provide me with, or put me in touch with someone who has, access to any historical background or archives about this Club? My research so far has been with the Milwaukee Historical Society, Milwaukee Public Libraries, etc, and I decided it was time to reach out here on this forum. Any and all leads and memories are appreciated!

Thanks in advance!