Old 08-21-18, 05:03 PM
fishboat

Bikes: Lemond '01 Maillot Jaune, Lemond '02 Victoire, Lemond '03 Poprad, Lemond '03 Wayzata drop bar conv(Poprad), '79 AcerMex Windsor Carrera Professional(purchased new), '88 GT Tequesta(purchased new), '01 Bianchi Grizzly, 1993 Trek 970 drop bar conv

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 163 Posts
Originally Posted by powermatt99 View Post
The proprietor of Patio Bike in Hales Corners, a Milwaukee suburb, is an old timer and may have something. The Kegel family who own's the Wheel & Sprocket empire may have archives. The founder, Chris, passed a little while ago though. The aforementioned Ben's on Milwaukee's south side is my personal LBS and is never short on knowledge. Yellow Jersey in Madison always had a ton of vintage stuff when they were near the capitol, maybe they know a little about vintage cycling in SE WI.

Other places that have been around a while: Allis Bike, South Shore Cylcery, The Bikesmiths. I don't know these places well but they've stood the test of time in MKE.

Reaching out to some of the SE Wisconsin cycle clubs or WI ride organizers (Bike Wisconsin comes to mind) may at least yield some leads.
Emery Cycles is another long-term ('63) family-owned shop.

https://www.emerys.com/

+1 on South Shore Cyclery and Bikesmiths...both good shops I frequent. South Shore has a portion of their store set up as a museum of sorts with some very old bikes.

Cream City Cycle Club has been around for many years.