View Single Post
Old 08-23-18, 08:40 AM
PeaceByJesus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gresp15C
It's also possible that Amazon started competing with them directly. It's hard to compete when Amazon charges the same price but with no fees and better shipping terms.
That is possible, but Niagara Cycle never said much about themselves, or to our knowledge notified anyone re their demise, and the reasons why they went belly-up are hidden in secrecy. I had called the local Chamber of Commerce in Niagara Falls seeking info, but they said Niagara Cycle was not a member and they knew nothing. I also had called their business neighbor, Advance Auto, but he said a lot of people would come in his store asking when Niagara Cycle would be open, but he knew nothing about why they were closed.

They never raised their prices much, or had much of an advertising budget, and business. Also, Manta reports "Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of 288928 and employs a staff of approximately 2." Note "estimates." There is also a Niagara Cycles Works in Lewiston, NY (a little North of Niagara) which I think is related but they do not answer the phone. Manta says it has an annual revenue of 60881 and employs a staff of approximately 1.

Anyway, thank God there are other options. Dan's comp among other should pick up some business, though restricted to BMX bikes. BTW, https://shopballardpacific.com/collections?page=1 is the supplier for certain cheap Walmart bike parts, such as complete 20" micro drive rear wheels for $10.00 (yes, 10 dollars, with the drive). However, the shipping is 35.00 for one item, so one is not worth it considering the quality.

Last edited by PeaceByJesus; 08-23-18 at 10:09 AM.