Old 08-28-18, 09:46 PM
Kabuto

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 78 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by Abu Mahendra
Hmmm....hmmm...such a pregnant article. So many things that could be said. I'll just say three things. 1. If a 451er with disk brakes and wide gearing was what he was after, the Brompton was never for him. Perhaps yet another who blindly bought the Brompton hype without paying attention to the bike's particulars. 2. He likes riding hard, good luck with the hinge. 3. Smells like a paid article. Second time this month I've come across articles extolling the Tern.

A disk-brake 406/451 frame can be had here for $150. No need to pay Tern pricing, really.
Agree it smells like a paid article. I think anything posted on the net these days is pretty much suspect until proven otherwise, really. Still, i think his comments on the Tern are valid, and interesting comments on the poor longevity and expensive repairs to his Brompton. A few friends rave about Bromptons so I expected better durability.

> A disk-brake 406/451 frame can be had *here* for $150.

You certainly post some drool worthy photos, Abu. I wish those $150 disc brake 406/451 frames were available *here*, but unfortunately theyre not. None of the cool stuff you post is actually!
(I recently asked about FSIR bikes at a few bike shops in Tokyo, and no one had even heard of them)

Genuine question> what does “such a pregnant article” mean? Ive never heard that expression before despite being a native English speaker.