View Single Post
Old 08-31-18, 08:48 AM
Lazyass

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 395 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Why would I cry? Your insults are Cat 7 at best.

Here's what you actually said: "If you aren't feeling exhausted or overworked then you're not riding hard enough to get stronger."

Now you're backtracking and saying he'll be fine if he rides 30 miles.
Backtrack? My first reply in this thread I said he should ride 30 miles

I don't mountain bike at all, so I agree my racing on my road bikes in a Cat anything mountain bike race would be pretty pitiful. I'd probably drop you on any road hill, however. Not sure what you think you're proving by maligning my skills in an activity I don't do.
You ain't dropping anyone. You probably started cycling when you joined the forum.

My conditioning is good enough that I can sustain 20+ mph for multiple hours and I don't get muscle pain, and I've never bonked. Should I poke myself with needles to show I'm as big a man as you?
Your BS false internet claims of personal achievement hold less worth than a grain of sand in the desert. By the way, bonking is caused by glycogen depletion just so you know lol.

You try to say exercising until you get exhausted which you said was "miserable" does not make you stronger, and then you say there's no scientific proof. That makes it clear you have no clue what you're talking about. You have no education in the subject. To get stronger doing anything physical you have to push your body to exhaustion and/or muscle failure. That sends a signal to your brain which causes your body to adjust to the conditions you're putting it through. When you lift weights or do body resistant exercises you go to muscle failure on the last set or two. You don't stop when you start feeling a little pain. Cyclists who race, even amateur, even club cyclists do sprints, hill repeats, overall intervals into their training. If you don't ride to exhaustion then you've never even done a sprint lol. Hell, on my club rides we have guys older than you and we do sprints until everyone can hardly breathe. We get very exhausted but we like it because we aren't soft.