View Single Post
Old 09-02-18, 11:16 AM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikerider007
I don't know how this became a Colnago is the best thread (we all know Colnago is collectible and expensive) and why no one has pics of their 00s fixed gears on the fixed/SS section? but that was hope of this thread.
Yeah I've had enough of the Colnago is/isn't the greatest bike ever discussion, myself.

You ever thought about KHS Flite 100 or its dearly departed cousin Aero Track, as "Collectible fixed gear boom bikes"? They seem to have a pretty big following among vintage-ish tarck bike fanbois. IIRC they 1st came out in the 90's - but at least the Flite 100 has hung in there through the oughts to the present day despite the low-rent copy from Bikedirect being pushed by its shills as "the exact same bike" and stealing some of its thunder.

And...since you want pics, and unlike the haters here you like the old DC Fixed Ripper, considering we also have an off-road/gravel fixed thread going - maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. Here is mine, which ended its time with me as a fixed gear mountain bike that I rode at all our local MTB parks, even ocasionally on some of the more advanced, and what passes for technical here, trails with absolutely zero problems. In fact, one of the better (wilder?) MTB riders here back then went so nuts over what I was doing that he talked me into selling it to him at the trailhead, and last time I saw him on it was riding it like a maniac...