Old 09-02-18, 11:52 AM
Cyclical

Bikes: Specialized Diverge, Yeti ASR-C

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have tried about eight different eBikes. I have not found a natural feeling bike either. My approach to testing the bikes is to methodically start with the motor turned off. I pedaled standing up to see how they accelerated to 27 mph. I was pleased to discover they all felt like conventional bikes, except much heavier.

Turning on the pedal assist power was always a disappointment. Some bikes resisted going over 20mph when powered on, e.g., Bosch, even thought they accelerated normally with power turned off.

To me, building and conserving momentum is essential to cycling. I stand up to pedal about once per mile to maintain momentum in the Denver area. I do not want or need large amounts of power or weight. The newer motors, i.e., Fazua Evation and Bafang M800 seem to reflect the bike philosophy that feels natural to me. I guess I need to be patient and wait to see what arrives on USA shores this year.

The Orbea "Efficiency and Sufficiency" bike design philosophy expresses my desire. However, Orbea Gain eBikes are hub driven. I exclude hub driven eBikes from consideration.

The best implementation to date seems to be the Pinarello Nytro, which is not available in the USA, until Fazua receives USA approval.

I tried posting the links, but the server rejected them.