View Single Post
Old 01-17-06, 10:38 PM
neasrhinolds

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ostro
running a red light and blowing a stop sign, will not get you thrown in jail...running your mouth and blowing your top with a cop will.
Yes - totally right. It was a solo Sergeant - and he didn't put on his light or siren. I was riding with my female friend and he just cut his car in front of us. She swerved - I actually physically hit the bumper of his car - although not hard.

When he got out - I said "What are you doing!? You just totally cut us off" - that's as heated as I got. Wait - I'll give you my lady friends words:

""
so he got out and you were like, "what are you doing?"
he was like, "excuse me, you just ran a red light and two stop signs and you are lecturing me?"
you said something like, you just cut us off!
he said something about how the way you were riding makes a bad name for all bicyclists and his son drives a bike- i mean rides a bike
and u said something
and he was like, do you wanna go to jail? and called for back-up
and i think you said like, no i don't want to go to jail
""
Once the backup showed up - they searched me and took me to Jail. But Luckily not my female friend.
So yeah - I did say something. I was shocked at getting cut off so abruptly and probably should not have been agitated - since it was a cop you know. And Sergeants esp deserve more respect.