Old 09-10-18, 06:49 PM
Brocephus
Professional amateur

Bikes: Does a Big Wheel count ?

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 115 Times in 76 Posts
Coincidentally, I not only bought a pair of Giros recently, I just had the sole of an old Diadora shoe start peeling away. While examining the malfunctioning Diadora, which I recently stumbled across in the garage and date back to my mildly-illustrious racing days in the early 2000's, I noticed the remnants of some Gorilla glue (IIRC) at the heel, and recalled repairing the same sole, years earlier. The Gorilla glue was still holding at the heel (and did for a lot of riding), but now it was the front end coming undone.
I bought some kind of multi-purpose glue from Walmart, and re-glued the sole, hoping to keep the shoes up and running, because they're still solid otherwise, and Diadoras always fit my feet really well (that was a week ago, i still haven't ridden them, but they look solid again.).
As for the Giros, they're an inexpensive pair I got on a big sale, w/ free shipping from Nashbar, and I really like them so far. Time will tell how they hold up, but the OP's experience with them doesn't inspire much confidence (in the product or the customer service).
Anyway, before tossing them, I'd try gluing them back together, and making them a spare training shoe.

Last edited by Brocephus; 09-10-18 at 06:57 PM.