Old 01-18-06, 01:58 AM
gm1230126
barnfullagts

Bikes: GT BI Ti/BI Steel - Edge Ti and Steel Xizang Ti and Psyclone Steel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
While most of the GT product is no longer produced on these shores, be assured that they are using many of the same frame builders and assemblers that all other major bike brands are using. I would say their current product is on par if not better than most of their competitors. GT is still making great product and as stated they announced that are making a serious commitment to get GT back to its once stong LBS/IBD presence where dealers that know the bikes will give this tech line the attention that it truely needs when sold. They will have fences to mend getting back but I beleive they will get there. I would plow ahead with your planned build-up. I too have a number of GT's many of them historic. Two Xizang Ti's, a rare 24" wheel Zaskar, an Avalanche, a Fury road bike and I'm shopping a used Edge Ti road bike now. They have always been well accepted internationally and they will grow back to their once great status. I had the opportunity to work for one of their distributors from 92-97 in the glory years. The history of the products and their once dominating race teams is something that will never be forgotten in cycling history. They will make it back.