Old 09-12-18, 12:25 PM
deathcrow76

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by desconhecido
There is a little park sort of a thing just off 11th ST near TC Jester that has a bike path leading from it which connects to the White Oak Bayou Trail which will take you south to the Heights trail not too far from the west terminus of the Heights trail. Or, you can take the trail farther and intersect the Heights Trail near Stude Park, though the link to the Stude Park trails doesn't exist because of the Corp of Engineers. If you look at the Google, it is right at the intersection of Bryce and Woodbrook. There is parking there and I've seen people park for biking but never very many at once. There is some sort of facility there for the Houston Sewer/water system but no offices or anything, just free parking. From there you can also ride over and get on the White Oak trail going north. See the google bike maps.

There is parking near Lawrence Park which is real close to N Shephard and 7th St and the bike path runs by the park.

There is parking near Stude Park . From there you can take the bike path towards downtown or you can take it part way and circle back on the Spring St trail which will take you through the "Sawyer Heights Village"/Target shopping center and back into the Heights Trail.

There is lots of parking around the Sawyer Heights/Target thingie.

If you just want to tool around the Heights, there is a lot of parking at Woodland Park. Entrance is just east of Houston Ave on Parkview.
Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to help me out! I can't wait till the weather clears up so we can try all the different trails