View Single Post
Old 09-13-18, 06:52 AM
kbarch

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1096 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by drewguy
...There are so many lousy ones, not just short sprints and huge loops with specific turns, but ones that end right after a stop sign, or after a turn at the bottom of a hill, etc.

The only way to provide feedback is to hide them. If enough people hide the segment then it won't show up for most people (unless they look at hidden efforts)....
Funny you should mention that! In the snip above, "Churchill descent, with safety margin" is a segment I created in response to the kinds of condition you described. Churchill is a residential street that ends with a T-intersection at the bottom of a hill with a rather sharp, steep bend. Before, there was a segment that went all the way to the intersection. It's a fairly well-traveled hill (by cyclists, not so much by cars) and with the exception of the bottom, a nice little descent - very quiet, a broad, smooth road, and a beautiful sweeping course with just enough visibility. I created the truncated version for selfish reasons - I wanted a good time on that descent, but I'm not half as daring on half- blind slaloms through intersections or as confident braking on compound curves as some people. I don't recall hiding the old segment - maybe I did, but maybe it doesn't show up any more because of some kind of feedback.

Last edited by kbarch; 09-13-18 at 08:39 AM.