Old 09-13-18, 08:47 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4328 Post(s)
Liked 3,949 Times in 2,641 Posts
So someone should give away money because someone else decided to not carry their own spare like an adult? No sorry. He offered help and certainly if the guy had come back and said "look, sorry I don't have money now or I only have a card maybe we can bike up to the local brewery or bar and grab a beer" then I would have given him the patches and maybe rode up to the local watering hole and since I don't really drink beer probably just sat and chatted maybe grabbed a hard cider or a pineapple juice or sparkling water.

Sometimes giving something to someone is all good but usually it will be service rather than goods unless I know the goods are going to be used for more good but bike path racers generally not so much. Plus if he had gone out to a place he might be stranded and had no way of getting out of a puncture or minor bike things then he probably shouldn't be riding out that far. Granted this guy was in the city so that wasn't a worry. But the OP tried to warn him of the glass and tried to help so he did his job.