Thread: Peugeot project
View Single Post
Old 09-15-18, 07:18 AM
seamuis
aire díthrub

Bikes: Raleigh Competition, Pashley Roadster Sovereign, Mercian Vincitore Speciale

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 35 Posts

Those specific dropouts, those specific stronglight 104 cranks and the inclusion of water bottle cage bosses would lead me to also believe it’s an ‘80 model. Everything else is pretty much exactly as expected. Normandy hubs, mavic rims, sinplex SJ. Not sure about the front derailluer though. What really gives it away though are the weinmann brakes. ‘79 model had mafac centerpulls. There are a lot of ’upgrades’ as well. Like the stem, and those brake levers are certainly not original. You say it’s a french market model? I would believe that, because “officially” the 1980 export model didn’t come in that silver colour. Only blue, pearl white and black, but the 1979 model did. Nothing is ever straight forward or easy with Peugeot, especially in the 70s.

Heres a ‘79 I owned. Ended up getting rid of the it because after getting struck by three cars and having had wheels replaced in each incident (the reason it has ugly mismatched wheels) I decided it was a bad luck bike.

Last edited by seamuis; 09-15-18 at 07:35 AM.