View Single Post
Old 09-18-18, 03:17 PM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Liked 1,621 Times in 927 Posts
Nevertheless, my point was different people have different strengths. I did a double century on my "good" bike in 12.5 hours this year. My riding partners took closer to 16. My riding partners don't daily commute on a 70 pound beater with panniers like parachutes & have a 50 pound advantage on body weight alone.

I'm not a one speed rider. I led groups of varying speeds & skill levels throughout most of the summer for a few summers now. When I ride recreationally, I grab my good bike & fancy chasing down e-bikes just to pass them and relish MUP TT'ers just so I can see how long they can hold on. Usually it's less than 2 or 3 miles or so.

I have raw strength, I have endurance. That's 2 different strengths. They have light weight and sprint. That's 2 different strengths that are different from my own. Others have the opposite combination. I'm not sure how many would care about a 20 minute power of 3.2 watts/kilo for an unrested nobody, & in truth, I'm not sure it matters.

I know people faster than me that due to equipment and freshness just kill it. And I know people who are stronger than me who fade in nothing flat. Yet most consider me strong by their standards. That why I finished my previous post the way I did. If they inspire you to apply effort, they are a strong rider.

Originally Posted by redlude97
being a 1 speed rider doesn't make you strong. Riding the same speed every day doesn't make you fast.

Last edited by base2; 09-18-18 at 04:41 PM.