View Single Post
Old 09-24-18, 02:02 PM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
If you're on a budget places like Dick's / Wal Mart / Target have the underseat bags to put your spare tube and tools in (not to mention they have the spare tubes and tools) cheaper than you're get at a bike shop.

But the quality is usually a step down too. If you're new, you might not notice or care.

Amazon has a great selection of that stuff for great prices. Problem is it's hard to tell if it's really nice or if they paid reviewers so say it's really nice.

If nothing else though, be sure to have a spare inner tube, a pump (or CO2 inflater) and tire levers with you on a 60-100 mile ride. You do not want to be 20 miles from help with a flat tire you can't repair. And in my experience, a lot of the places I like to ride have really crappy cell phone service. So I 'm really on my own and can't even call for help.

On that same note...make sure you know HOW to change an inner tube before you go out. On the side of the road with bad cell service is a bad time to try and watch a YouTube video on how to change a tire. It's not hard at all. But the first time is tricky. Do it 2-3 times at home and you're an expert.

Last edited by Skipjacks; 09-24-18 at 02:06 PM.