Old 09-28-18, 06:17 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by jpescatore View Post
Next year my wife and I are thinking about a driving vacation (with bikes) to the Michigan LP/UP. She recently retired from teaching, so we are no longer limited to vacations in June/July/August.

What time of year do Michigan cyclists think is the best time to visit and bike ?
Originally Posted by JonathanGennick View Post
I live in he U.P. , and personally I find that August and September are two of my favorite months to be outside...
Originally Posted by chas58 View Post
September.

Warm days, cool nights, black flies are gone, as are the tourists. September has some beautiful days. I love Michigan biking in the fall (well, I bike all 4 seasons, but fall is the best)...
Originally Posted by JLDickmon View Post
Right NOW, and through the next six or so weeks. Temps are moderate/cool, fall colors beginning above M-46 in the next few days..
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston View Post
So FYA, besides the UP and LP, Michigan has a informal third sector, namely Southeastern Michigan, i.e Metro Detroit…
Originally Posted by oddjob2 View Post
Just got back this afternoon from a week visiting Grand Rapids and Leelanau Peninsula, aka Michigan's wine country.

Outstanding weather and sunshine. Fall color will begin in a few days.
A note to the OP, @jpescatore :
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston View Post
BTW, over the years I [and a few to many other subscribers] have responded to several of these threads with open-ended requests for travel destinations.

One thing they have in common is that the OP never informs us of the final destination, much less how was the trip, even when requested to do so.

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 09-28-18 at 06:36 AM. Reason: added additional quotes